If you are considering moving to Nassau County, Florida and currently have a family or are planning on settling down, the quality of schools in your area is very likely one of your primary concerns. Nassau County schools happen to be some of the best in the state of Florida and are known for their safety, committed teachers, and excellent college preparation. The district is regularly rated in the top tier for the entire state of Florida, along with several highly rated private academies.
Nassau County schools are located in Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island or west of Amelia Island in the Yulee, Callahan, Hilliard or Bryceville communities. Nassau County is considered a part of the Jacksonville Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), and the city of Jacksonville is just a 30-45 minute drive away, depending on the community you choose to reside in. Nassau County schools offer a full education from Pre-K to college, along with an excellent public library system with 5 branches that are located in in Bryceville, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard and Yulee.
Several high quality elementary, middle and high schools
Nassau County schools are spread throughout the region, offering several choices for elementary, middle, and high schools as well as a number of top private schools no matter where you choose to live. This includes a total of 8 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, and 4 high schools (including 1 middle-senior high school).
There are also 4 private schools in the Fernandina Beach community and 1 private school in the Yulee community for families who prefer private education. In every major Nassau County community there is a quality school district nearby including plenty of choices on Amelia Island, one of the most popular destinations for home buyers in Nassau County.
Where Nassau County schools are located
Below is an overview of where each public and private elementary, middle and high school is located in Nassau County.
Public Elementary Schools:
- Bryceville – Bryceville Elementary School [K- 5th]
- Callahan – Callahan Elementary School [PreK – 2nd]
- Callahan – Callahan Intermediate School [3rd – 5th]
- Fernandina Beach – Emma Love Hardee Elementary School [3rd – 5th]
- Fernandina Beach – Southside Elementary School [PreK – 2nd]
- Hilliard – Hilliard Elementary School [PreK – 5th]
- Yulee – Yulee Elementary School [3rd – 5th]
- Yulee – Yulee Primary School [PreK – 2nd]
Public Middle Schools
- Callahan – Callahan Middle School [6th – 8th]
- Fernandina Beach – Fernandina Beach Middle School [6th – 8th]
- Yulee – Yulee Middle School [6th – 8th]
Public High Schools
- Callahan – West Nassau High School [9th – 12th]
- Fernandina Beach – Fernandina Beach High School [9th – 12th]
- Hilliard – Hilliard Middle Senior High School [6th – 12th]
- Yulee – Yulee High School [9th – 12th]
- Fernandina Beach – Amelia Island Montessori School [PreK – 8th]
- Fernandina Beach – Faith Christian Academy [PreK – 8th]
- Fernandina Beach – Fernandina Beach Christian Academy [K-6th]
- Fernandina Beach – St. Michaels Academy [PreK – 8th]
- Yulee – Nassau Christian School – [PreK – 12th]
- Yulee – Nassau Center [Florida State College]
Nassau County school ratings
Nassau County schools are considered to be among the best in Florida, as rated by Niche.com, a website that uses a detailed and accurate system to review communities and school districts throughout the United States.
The district’s schools receive an overall grade of “B+” from Niche, including a grade of “A” for Health and Safety, “B” for College Readiness, “B+” for Diversity, “B” for Teachers, and “B+” for Academics. The average graduation rate is 90% and for 2017 the district was rated #3 out of 65 for the Best Teachers in Florida, as well as the #4 Safest School District and the #10 overall school district in Florida.
If you are hoping to live in a community with access to excellent employment opportunities nearby, a relatively low cost of living compared to many parts of Florida, and excellent quality and safe schools, Nassau County is a great choice for you to consider.
To get more information about the top homes for sale in Nassau County or its schools, call ERA Fernandina Beach Realty today at (800) 741-4011.